Pakistan expeditions 2002
Despite mounting political tension a large number of expeditions have decided to attempt Pakistan's peaks.
|Despite mounting political tension a large number of expeditions have decided to attempt Pakistan's peaks. Up until now the weather has followed much the same pattern as in previous years, and the teams reported just a few days of stable weather at the start of June. Published below is a complete list of all expeditions currently operating in Pakistan. |
- Mountain Madness K2 Expedition. Led by Christine Boskoff, dicevtor of MM since Scott Fischer's death during theEverest 1996 disaster.
- Spain International K2 Expedition 2002. Led by Jordi Tosas.
- Romanian K2 2002 Expedition. Led by Bogdan Minhea.
- Spain - Mexico K2 Expedition 2002. Members include Hector Ponce de Leon and Armando Dattoli fromm Mexico, and Araceli Segarra from Spain, famous for her part in the Everest IMAX film.
- Japanese K2 & G2 Expedition 2002. Led by Kazuyoshi Kondo.
- Chinese/Pakistani K2 Expedition 2002.
- UK International K2 Expedition 2002. Led by the well-known mountaineer Henry Todd includes a selection of famous alpinists including Inaki Ochoa de Olza, Ray Brown and Simone Moro, who climbed Cho Oyu and Everest in Spring.
- Spanish/Polish K2 Expedition 2002. Led by LuÃ¬s Fraga from Spain.
- Spain K2 Expedition 2002. Led by Oscar Cadiach, comprised entirely of Catalan alpinists.
- Spanish K2 Expedition 2002. Led by Carlos Suarez.
- Spanish Broad Peak 2002 Expedition. Organised by Sebastian Alvaro, responsible for the highly successful Spanish television programme "Al Filo de lo Imposible", this expedition plans to make a winter ascent of Broad Peak. Arrival date in Pakistan, 12 December 2002.
- German Amical Alpin Broad Peak Expedition. Commercial expdetition led by Himalayan veteran Ralf Djumovits.
- Swiss Broad Peak Expedition 2002. Led by AndrÃ¨ Georges, who has already climbed eight 8000m peaks. The expedition also plans to climb GI
- Korean Broad Peak Expedition 2002. Led by Han Wang Yong.
- Spanish Hushe Treks Nanga Parbat 2002 Expedition
- Japan Nanga Parbat Expedition 2002
- Korean G2 Expedition 2002.
- Japanese G2 Expedition.
- Swiss GI expedition 2002. Led by Mr. Andre Georges. See above.
- Swiss/Italian G4 Expedition. Joint expedition to attempt the famous and difficult route first climbed by Mauri and Bonatti in 1958.
- Spain GI/K2 EXpedition. Guidata da Oscar Cadiach. See above.
- Japan Expedition 2002.
- USA/Russia Yutmaru (7333 m.) Expedition 2002.
- Polish Mustagh Tower 2002 Expedition.
- Drifika 6447 m - 2002 Expedition.
- Japan Chogolisa Expedition 2002.
- Spanish Mt. Spantik 7027m - ,2002 Expedition.
- German Batura Muztagh Expedition 2002.
- Japanese Baltoro Kangri Expedition 2002.
archive news K2