Sellaronda won by Nicolini-Vescovo and Secco-Calliari
Despite appalling conditions the Sellaronda celebrated its 10th anniversary in the Dolomites last weekend and was won by Nicolini-Vescovo and Secco-Calliari
|Despite appalling conditions the Sellaronda celebrated its 10th anniversary in the Dolomites last weekend. The classic night ski mountaineering marathon, which crosses 4 mountain passes for a total distance of 42km and 2700m height gain, was won by Franco Nicolini and Camillo Vescovo in the men's event, and Orietta Calliari and Roberta Secco in the women's. |
With temperatures as low as 10 Â°C, heavy snowfall and high winds, Nicolini and Vescovo forged ahead at the start and held their lead for a staggering 3:58:06 to first cross the finishing line at Corvara. Second placed Ivan Antiga and Roberto Daz clocked in two minutes later with 4:00:14, just nine seconds ahead of third placed Alberto Gerardini and Luciano Fontana.
The women's event was won, somewhat surprisingly, by Roberta Secco and Loretta Calliari in 5:07:32, ahead of Roberta Pedranzini and Francesca Martinelli (5:16:52), and Angela Stefani and Carla Jellici (5:20:31).
1) Vescovo Camillo Nicolini Franco (GA. Altitude) 3.58.06
2) Antiga Ivan Daz Roberto (Brenta Team) 4.00.14
3) Gerardini Alberto Fontana Luciano (Dolomiti Ski Alp- CS Forestale) 4.00.23
4) Cloch Ivano- Coter Stefano (G.A. Altitude) 4.10.20
5) Bordet Davide Bordet Ezio (SC Champorcher) 4.11.06.
1) Calliari Orietta Secco Roberta (G.A.Altitude - Ski Club S. Martino) 5.07.32
2) Pedranzini Roberta Martinelli Francesca (SC Sondalo) 5.16.52
3) Stefani Angela Jellici Carla (G.A.Altitude - Winterthur Team) 5.20.31
4) Gretschen Alexander Orlando Maria (Dolomiti Ski Alp - SC Valle Ellero) 5.25.50