Zauberfee, 8c+, by the Bindhammer brothers
On 13/04 Christian Bindhammer frees "Zauberfee" 8c+, at the Eremo di S. Paolo (Arco). And his brother Andreas Bindhammer repeats it a few days later.
|The Bindhammer brothers are at it again! After his repeat of Ground Zero 9a and the redpoint of Underground 9a, Christian Bindhammer has once again hit an Italian target with his first ascent of Zauberfee 8c+. And, as is so often the case, after his 13 April ascent his brother Andreas clocked up the first repeat. |
The route in question is located at Arco, more precisely at the Eremo di San Paolo, and was bolted and cleaned by Gerhard HÃ¶rhager. 20 meters long, 12m overhanging, and 45 moves without a rest - these are the crucial "numbers" of the new creation.
According to Christian, Zauberfee is to be considered a solid 8c+. About the grade, he proffers: 9a routes seem to be springing up like mushrooms at the moment , so I prefer to give a realistic grade instead of one which is more media friendly... One thing is certain though: Zauberfee is one of the three hardest routes in Italy, and possibly also the most natural."
The two German athletes now have their sights firmly set on the immenent World Cup, and both placed in the top ten in the "Goldfinger International Master 2003 in Bruxelles a fortnight ago. As always, victory is the main objective but, as Christian acknowledges, "with athletes such as Alex Chabot, Tomasz Mrazek or Ramon Julien, it won't be easy."
Il Curriculum di Christian Bindhammer
01. Bronx 8c+ (Orgon/F) 1996
02. La Connexion 8c+ (Orgon/F) 1996
03. Ultimate Power Sacrifice 8c+ (Deverse Satanique /Gorges d' Loup/Nice) 1998
04. La Cote d' Obscure 8c+ (Jurassic Park/Gorges d' Loup/Nice) 1998
05. Noia 8c+ (Andonno/I) 1998
06. Alien Carnage 8c+/9a (Castillon/Nice /F) 1999
07. Vitamania 8c+/9a (Annot/F) 1999
08. L' Avaro 8c+/9a (Tetto Sarre/ I) 1999
09. ReiniÂ´s Vibes 8c/c+ (Massone/I) 1999
10. Asai 8c+ (Deverse Satanique/Gorges du Loup/ Nice/F) 2000
11. The Big Mother 8c+ (Erto/I) 2001
12. Superplafond 8c+ (Volx/F) 2001
13. Shangri-la 8c+ (Frankenjura/D) 2001
14. Speed 8c+ (Voralpsee/CH) 2001
15. Honky Mix (Onati/ESP) 2001
16. Konec Mira 8c/c+ (Osp/SLO) 2002
17. Andiamo 8c+ (Rottachberg/D) 2002
18. Gambit 8c/c+ (Schleier Wasserfall/A) 2002
19. Underground 9a (Massone/I) 2002
20. Ground Zero 9a (Tetto Sarre/I) 2002
21. Zauberfee 8c+ (Arco/I)/ 2003