Arco - Family San Martino
The crag Family San Martino is split into two sectors: the Kids slab with 9 routes from 3a to 4b dedicated to the Ice Age animals, and the near vertical Junior sector with 8 routes from 4c to 6b dedicated to the adventures of Harry Potter.
A beautiful terrace has been built at the top of the crag. This can be reached via the easy path and is an ideal open-air classroom. From here a path leads quickly to the First Wolrd War trenches Trincee di Vastrè and the Oolite sedimentary rock quarry at Bosco Caproni.
The crag was financed by the Arco Town Council, with the help of the province of Trento’s Occupational and Environmental Enhancement Support Service.
This crag has been bolted with anchor points located close together in order to make it suitable for children. Children must still be accompanied by an adult who is able to evaluate their ability and ensures that all safety procedures are followed correctly. Adults and more experienced climbers are invited - even on these easy routes - to wear a helmet, to always climb with someone belaying them and to clip quickdraws to all anchors. Only by setting a good example can we teach children the right approach to this sport.
- Always wear a helmet - rocks may fall from above
- Remain at the base of the rock face only for the time needed to climb and belay
- Do not stand directly beneath the climbers
- Always check the state of the in-situ gear
- Climbers must use correct techniques and safety gear
- Climbers must be fully aware of the risks connected to this sport and accept full responsibility for their actions
- It is STRICKLY FORBIDDEN to open new climbing routes or to change the current ones without an official municipal permission