|GEAR NEEDED FOR TWO CLIMBERS
1) a set of quickdraws, plus at least another two for the stances;
2) two 1.5m kevlar cords. These are used to set up belays and as prussic loops on the abseil;
3) belay plate and screwgate carabiner. This is used to belay from the harness;
4) self-arresting belay plate and screwgate carabiner plus one other carabiner;
5) two screwgates for the belays;
6) two slings or daisy chain for the belays and abseil. It is better practice to use these rather than quickdraws clipped together for the belay.
In addition, bring plenty of slings or kevlar cords to replace old tat, and a small penknife. The best guidebooks nowadays give precise indications of what gear is needed for each individual route.
For information regarding belay plates and the self-arresting belay plate, please look at the articles already published in PlanetMountain.com.