Melloblocco 2012 instructions for use
Information and recommendations for all those taking part in Mellobllocco 2012, the great international bouldering meeting which will take place in Val Masino - Val di Mello (SO) from 3 - 6 May 2012.
Here it is, almost. Melloblocco 2012 kicks off in 6 days time and everything is stage is set. To date 2400 climbers have pre-registered for the world's largest bouldering meeting, but the game is still being played: all you need to do is click on www.melloblocco.it to be a part of it all. Anyone can be a part of this bouldering community, that of the Melloblockers which recites a single mantra: the joy of climbing together and the respect for nature in Val Masino and Val di Mello.
It's because of this that once again here are some simple words of advice for all those taking part, especially since there are some novelties regarding the logistics which simplify this respect even more:
1) new car parks have been created (see the map)
2) a new campsite has been established at the sports field at San Martino (see the map)
3) numerous toilets are located at the event areas (see the map)
3) the free shuttle bus service has been doubled to enable all registered Melloblockers to reach the climbing areas.
Please bear in mind.
- wild camping, in all areas which are not the campsites, is strictly forbidden
- the road into Val di Mello is closed to traffic
- remember that your are guests, not only of Nature but also of the land owners on which the boulders are located. Please respect this, do not walk across meadows used for cutting hay, always follow the marked paths at the edge of the fields.
- take away all rubbish, cigarette buts, wrappings of snacks and energy bar wrappings, cans, plastic bottles etc.
- if in need, use the toilets (marked on the map)
- we recommend you leave the cars in the car park and continue on foot (the most you'll need to walk is 20 minutes to reach the bouldering areas) or with the shuttle bus service. These will drop you off directly at the boulder areas and are free to all registered participants (the 2012 T-shirt acts as the bus ticket).
Another final word about the community: this year the invitation is, as always, to become protagonists of Val di Mello to discover the "old" problems and naturally explore the newest additions (which at present ar top secret of course). And the invitation is also to take part, document and share your individual Melloblocco via the various social networks:
Facebook page Melloblocco®
Facebook group Melloblocco®
>> Registration Melloblocco
>>Information about where to sleep and eat at Melloblocco