Help Jim Bridwell, the fund report
We have received and published the report sent to us by Giovanni Groaz, on behalf of the Help Jim Bridwell Committee, regarding the donations received and sent to the American climber after the appeal in 2008.
Information about the donations:
1. The Bank account number 92800887 (IBAN IT64H0760101800000092800887) was activated on 28/10/2008 and closed on 14/09/2012;
2. The total amount of € 12.560,00 was received as follows:
- 2008 = € 870,00
- 2009 = € 3.160,00
- 2010 = € 630,00
- 2011 = € 7.900,00
- 2012 = € 0,00
3. Total costs of € 955,00 are as follows:
- account management (2008-2012) = € 915,00
- international bank transfer = € 40,00
- neither postal nor printing costs of the signed photos sent, as promised, to the major supporters, have been included in these costs.
4. Jim Bridwell received € 11.605 donations, paid periodically via bank transfer onto his USA account;
5. All documentation will remain available to the interested parties for 10 years, starting from the date the bank account was closed, in Giovanni Groaz's custody at Povo (TN).
The help, albeit modest, has been greatly appreciated by Jim who as a result has been able to recover from his fall while climbing in Idaho in spring 2008. Today he is surviving thanks to a US$ 500 monthly pension, at a friend's home who has provided a room for him and his wife Peggy who has had health problems for numerous years. Jim sends his warmest greetings and thanks to all those Italian friends who helped him.
As agreed, signed photographs were sent to all those who donated € 100 or more, but in some cases this was not possible due to a lack of address: those who have not yet received their signed copies are asked to contact Giovanni Groaz with the correct postal address